Followers

Monday 3 June 2013

Mix it Monthly

There is a new challenge with my lovely friend Conny and it's called Mix it Monthly. She gave us two pictures to use as we saw fit. These are shown below.




She gave us beautiful examples and a vid to help out. I am not a big Picaso lover to be honest well certainly not all the cubist stuff just not for me but this was still a fun challenge I got to play with.


Conny also said she wanted to see lots of yellow. I did the whole background yellow. I started with book pages then painted it then added scrapbook paper also yellow and then as Conny did I cut up her Picasso  style painting and popped that in the back ground as well. I really like the colour pallet of Conny's work so I focused on the primary colours in that as well. I will pop a quote on the right-hand side at some point just not found what I want yet :)  Below is a close up of the lovely lady.


I hope you have time to join in Mix it Monthly all the details are over there so stop by for a look Dxx

10 comments:

Karin said...

you did a great job, its beautiful!
groetjes karin

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING! wow!

Monique said...

Beautiful interpretation of the prompt. Love it.

Alex said...

Hey Dawn,
your vintage-Picasso girl looks great! Her expression is great! Well done!

PiaRom said...

I came home and saw your gorgeous post for Mix It Monthly! YAAAYYY :) The girl looks beautiful in der blue dress and the background fits very well and her hat looks way better than the original ♥♥♥ Thank you soooooooooo much for participate on Mix It Monthly

xox
Conny

Ivy said...

I just love how you used the two images, this is so cool!

Juls said...

love how you have combined the 2 photos hugs Juls

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece! Valerie

Paper rainbow said...

Love your vintage lady, like me you have made the most of her lovely hat and gloves! :)

peggy gatto said...

she is wonderful!!!