Followers

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Altered Baby board book


Hello, Hope you are well and the sun is shining where you are ;0) It's shining here for once in the NW of UK for a change after all the horrid rain we have had it's lovely to catch up with some blogs and post a few things with the back door open and the sunlight streaming in. I am sure I have told you about the Free Classes Tam has on line. In week one I created This And now for week two I have created this and I am very proud  of it ;0) we have moved on to altering a baby board book, you now the ones I mean I am sure. Well grab one or get one from the charity/thrift shop and create this wonderful book all about you! There is a process of healing involved but you can always just do the techniques.


Here is a close up of the younger me and all the things I want for her when she grows up, this can be difficult if you haven't had the smoothest child hood because you can put all the things that you now would like for this child (even if it didn't happen).


A final close up. It's full of texture and transfers, stamping etc and I really enjoyed playing. The class is already finished (was in Oct 10) so you can go as quickly or as slowly as you like. I have already done the next two pages and I will be sharing these on PPF Love Fridays for another reason now ;0) Have a wonderful day full of warmth and smiles. Love Dawn xx

9 comments:

Melodie said...

Great pages Dawn....love the idea of using a large baby board book. I have been using very small ones...always something new to learn.

Kathy said...

Fascinating! Great job, I'll have to check these out!
Kathy

cheryl said...

oh this is brilliant hun just love it hugs cheryl xx

Charlotte said...

What a great idea! I will have to try this:)

craftytrog said...

Wonderful pages Dawn! I love how you framed the photos! x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn! Saw your work on Willows (Tam's) site and had to visit your blog. Love it! Thank you again for your lovely comment. Really appreciate it!

~*~Patty S said...

sweet pages...board books are a great surface and you can fill up a book fairly quickly too...the colors and content of this creation are wonderful!

one of my fav children's board books is small and in a hand shape :)
oxo

Cynthia Hanna said...

What beautiful work! I think that this will inspire me to continue on with Willowing's class - I picked up a board book at the thrift shop earlier this year & life got in the way, lol. I'm looking forward to more of your pages!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Sooooo gorgeous! I love the ethereal feel you have going here with the transfers and the delicate stamping - it really illustrates "the past" - memories, that are not quite clear but very much there. Love the feeling you've created.